St. Lucia is by far one of the most beautiful islands I have visited. The scenery and the kindness of the locals makes this island one of the most comfortable Caribbean Island to visit. St. Lucia is a great trip to visit with ‘girlfriends’, solo, friends or a BAE-cation.
Traveling to St. Lucia through Hewanorra international airport in Vieux Fort from New York JFK is about a 4hr and 40min flight. The airport is small compared to JFK however, to exit and enter the airport has to be quickest process I’ve experienced. I stayed at the Blu St. Lucia in Gros Islet, which is about an hour and 25min drive from Vieux Fort. The ideal time to travel to St. Lucia is during their “dry season” which is November – April. June to early November is considered their “wet season”. The islands wet season consist of tropical rain showers that come and go rapidly.
The Blu St. Lucia is great in price and location. Blu is about a 2-3min walk to Rodney Bay (Reduit Beach).
With St. LUCIA’S beautiful scenery there is a lot to see and fun activities to take part of. St. Lucia is well know for their view of the Piton Mountains.
St. Lucia’s party scence from what I have experienced is their friday night Gros Islet Street Party. The Gros Islet Street Party is held every friday night in Gros Islet. The local night club called VERVE in Gros Islet.
The Street party is filled with vendors, a live DJ, bars, and people having a good time. Verve is a local lounge with a bar and live dj.
What to do in St. Lucia?
- TAKE THE ISLAND TOUR! Yes, I know it is the most touristy thing to do. In all honesty, it is The best way to see the island especially if you get a private tour. You get to see the island at your own pace and get as many pictures as you want.
- Sulphur Springs Park (Mud bath).
- Party friday night at the Gros Islet Street Party.
- Horseback riding with Atlantic Shores Riding Stables.
- Explore their many waterfalls.